Terms of Service
Deskpop LLC, dba ProductHQ (“ProductHQ”, “we” “our” or “us”), operates Product Management services (the “Service”). Please read these Terms of Service (these “Terms” or the “Agreement”)) carefully.
These Terms apply to www.producthq.io, its subdomains, and any other website that links to these Terms (collectively, the “Site”) and to the Service.
Acceptance of these Terms: If you are a trial or paying subscription holder, by clicking the “Get Started Now” button or a similar “I accept” button, you indicate your acceptance of these Terms and agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, do not click on this button and do not use the Service.
Service; License: Subject to these Terms, ProductHQ will use reasonable efforts to make the Site and Service available to you and to permit you to remotely access and use the Site and the Service through the internet. Subject to your compliance with these Terms, ProductHQ grants you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable, license to access and use the functionalities made available by ProductHQ to users of the Site or Service. You may access the Site and Service for your information and your personal use solely as intended through the provided functionality and as permitted under these Terms.
Visitors may browse the Site in accordance with these Terms, but will not have full access to the Service without first becoming an account member. To register an account (“Account”), you must comply with the following:
- You must be a human. Accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are not permitted.
- You must provide your real legal full name, a valid email address, and any other information requested in order to complete the signup process. You agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information when creating your Account, and you agree to keep that information up to date. You will also be required to create a password.
- Your login may only be used by one person – a single login shared by multiple people is not permitted. You may create separate logins for as many people as you’d like.
- You are solely responsible for maintaining the security of your Account and password. ProductHQ cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation. You agree to immediately notify ProductHQ if you become aware of any unauthorized use of your Account.
- You are solely responsible for any and all use of your Account, including all Content posted, and all activity that occurs under or in connection with your Account.
- One person or legal entity may not maintain more than one trial account.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
Payment, Refunds, Upgrading, and Downgrading
Except for our trial subscription plan, there is a charge associated with use of the Service, which is billed in advance, and by agreeing to these Terms, you agree to pay that charge. Our current charges for our subscription plans are made available on the Site and will be displayed at the time you sign up for the Service. We may suspend or cancel the Service if we do not receive an on time, full payment from you. We accept American Express, MasterCard, Visa and Discover.
- A valid credit or debit card is required for paying accounts. Holders of trial accounts are not required to provide a credit or debit card number.
- An upgrade from any trial subscription to any paying plan will end your trial. Your credit or debit card will be charged for your first month immediately upon upgrading, provided that if you provide written notice to ProductHQ within 30 days of the date your credit or debit card is initially charged that you would like to cease use of the Service for any reason, ProductHQ will refund the initial payment to the same card as you originally used. This refund is only available the first time you use the Service.>
- You are responsible for keeping your billing information up to date and your account current. You promise that you have authority to use the payment method you use to pay for your subscription and you authorize us to charge you for the Service using the payment method you provide. If we need to issue you a refund, we will credit the same account you use to pay for your subscription.
- The Service is billed on a subscription basis. This means that you will be billed in advance on a recurring, periodic basis. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of each billing cycle unless you cancel your subscription. Your obligation to pay fees continues through the end of the subscription period during which you cancel your subscription.
- After the first 30 days of use, the Service is non-refundable. There will be no refunds or credits for partial months of service, upgrade/downgrade refunds, or refunds for months unused with an open account. In order to treat everyone equally, no exceptions will be made.
- Your credit or debit card will be charged based on your order volume.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
- ProductHQ reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. Where possible, we will provide you with reasonable advance notice before your Account is terminated. You acknowledge that if your Account is terminated you will not be able to use the Service to access your Content.
- We reserve the right to adjust pricing for our Service or any components thereof. Any price changes will take effect following notice to you (such notice may be provided to you via the Site, the Service, or via email), and, unless a later time is stated in our notice to you, will take effect at the start of the next billing cycle of your subscription. We also reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to offer special promotions which shall be subject to additional terms and conditions communicated to us by you.
- ProductHQ shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Cancellation and Termination
- You are solely responsible for properly canceling your account which can be done directly within the tool under the “Billing Information” tab.
- All of your Content will be immediately deleted from the Service upon cancellation. This information cannot be recovered once your account is canceled. If you cancel the Service before the end of your current paid up month, your cancellation will take effect immediately and you will not be charged again.
- ProductHQ, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your Account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service, or any other ProductHQ service, for any reason at any time. Such termination of the Service will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all Content in your Account. ProductHQ reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
Intellectual Property Ownership
Your Content. In the course of using the Service, you may provide content to ProductHQ (your “Content”). Your Content may include, but is not limited to, product, logo or trademark images, customer information, product information, feedback you provide to us, and your user IDs and passwords for external accounts you choose to integrate through the Service. You promise that you have the right and authority to use any Content you provide to ProductHQ. You acknowledge that if your access to the Service is suspended, cancelled, or terminated, you will not be able to use the Service to access your Content. You are responsible for maintaining, protecting, and making backups of your Content. To the extent permitted by applicable law, ProductHQ will not be liable for any loss or corruption of your Content. You retain ownership of all of your intellectual property rights in your Content. You grant ProductHQ a perpetual, royalty-free license to reproduce, distribute, make publicly available, and otherwise use your Content, but only for the limited purposes of providing the Service to you. This license also extends to our third party service providers that we work with to the extent necessary to provide the Service to you. For the avoidance of doubt, if you provide ProductHQ with feedback about the Service, you agree that we may use your feedback and your name for business purposes. All Content posted on the Service must comply with U.S. copyright law. We claim no intellectual property rights over the Content you provide to the Service. Your profile and materials uploaded remain yours. However, by adding users to your account, you agree to allow others to view and share your Content. ProductHQ does not pre-screen Content, but ProductHQ and its designee have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content that is available via the Service. If you believe your copyright has been violated by information accessible on the Site or Services, please contact us by email at info@ProductHQ.io.
Ownership of the Site and Service>. ProductHQ (or its licensors) exclusively owns all right, title and interest in and to the Site, Service and the information, writings, images and/or other works available on Site, and Our Technology, and all related intellectual property rights, including, without limitation, all copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, inventions and know-how. Without limiting the foregoing, all software, code, scripts, proprietary methods and systems used to provide the Site or the Service (“Our Technology”) may not be copied, modified, reproduced, republished, posted, transmitted, sold, offered for sale, or redistributed in any way without our prior written permission. The look and feel of the Service is copyright © 2013-2018 ProductHQ. All rights reserved. You may not duplicate, copy, or reuse any portion of the HTML/CSS, visual design elements, or content without express written permission from ProductHQ. You must abide by all copyright notices, information or restrictions contained in or attached to any of Our Technology. Nothing in the Agreement implies any transfer to you of any ownership interest in the Service and you hereby assign to us all intellectual property rights in and to the Service that You may have acquired by law or otherwise.
Retained Rights. Your access to the Service is nonexclusive, nontransferable, and may be revoked. Neither this Agreement nor your use of the Service grants you any ownership in the Service, the content you access through the Service (other than your Content), Our Technology, or any software or hardware used to provide or access the Service. This Agreement does not grant you any right to use our trademarks or other brand elements. No rights to any source code are granted and you shall not itself, or through any third party, reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile or otherwise attempt to derive source code or design information regarding any Service and are not permitted to make any modifications to Service. You may not remove or obscure any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or similar proprietary notice affixed to any Service. You agree that the underlying structure, sequence, organization and source code of the Service are valuable trade secrets of ProductHQ and shall remain strictly confidential. ProductHQ and its licensors reserves all other rights not explicitly granted to you in and to the Site, Service, and Our Technology.
Impermissible Use. You are responsible for your conduct, your Content, and communications with others while using the Service. You agree to use the Service in compliance with all applicable law. In addition, you promise that you will not:
- modify, prepare derivative works based upon, relicense, distribute, sell, resell, lease, loan, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute the Service to any third party, in whole or in part, including using your Account to access the Service for the benefit of a third party, unless you obtain written permission from ProductHQ first;
- interfere with the normal operation of the Service or attempt to access the Services using a method other than through the interfaces that we provide;
- reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile or otherwise attempt to obtain or perceive the source code from Our Technology or any of the software used to provide or access the Service;
- copy, replicate, transcribe or reproduce the “look and feel” of the Site or the Service, or any of its features and functionalities;
- link to, mirror or frame any portion of the Site or Service;
- use the Service to send viruses, malware, or other types of malicious software, or links to such software;
- use a spider, robot or any other automated means to access, view or retrieve any information from the Site or Services;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site, Service, accounts of others, computer systems or networks connected to the Site;
- circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Site or Service or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any information on the Site;
- use the Service to send junk mail, spam, or any other form of unauthorized, duplicative, or unsolicited messages;
- use the Service to store or transmit inappropriate Content, such as Content containing unlawful, defamatory, threatening, pornographic, libelous or otherwise objectionable material of any kind;
- use the Service for illegal purposes, for the promotion of dangerous activities or to encourage conduct that could constitute a criminal offense;
- use the Service to abuse, harass, stalk, or otherwise violate the legal rights of a third party;
- cause, in our sole discretion, inordinate burden on the Service or our system resources or capacity; or
- use the Service in any manner that infringes that copyright, trademark, trade secret, or other intellectual property or proprietary right of others or violates our policies.
Term and Termination. These Terms will become effective and binding when accepted by you as set forth above and will end when your subscription ends or when these Terms are otherwise terminated as provided herein. In addition to other remedies available to us, we have the option to immediately terminate your rights under these Terms (including your access and use of the Site, Service and/or Our Technology) if you fail to comply with your obligations stated in these Terms. You understand that if you want to use the Service after termination of your Account, you may need to re-register and provide us with your information anew. Without limiting other remedies, we also reserve the right to limit or partially terminate or suspend the Site, Service, Our Technology or your Account, prohibit access to the Site, delay or remove any content on the Site, and take technical and legal steps to keep any users off of the Site if we think that you or they are creating possible legal liabilities, infringing the intellectual property rights of third parties, or acting inconsistently with our policies.
Electronic Communications. The communications between you and us use electronic means, whether through the Site, Service or email. For contractual purposes, you (i) consent to receive communications from us in electronic form; and (ii) agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures or other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy as it were in writing.
Notice. Any notice required or permitted by this Agreement shall be in writing and deemed delivered if delivered (a) by personal delivery when delivered, (b) by overnight courier upon written verification of receipt, (c) by telecopy or facsimile transmission when confirmed by telecopy or facsimile transmission report, (d) by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested, upon verification of receipt or (e) by email notification as long as “NOTICE” or “LEGAL NOTICE” appears in the subject line of the email and the email is set up to show a delivery confirmation. Notices must be sent to the contacts and address provided below or any new address provided by the permitted notice methods.
Attn: Operations 8307
Huntersville NC 28078
Unavailability. You acknowledge that the Site and/or Service may, from time to time, be unavailable due to events like scheduled or unscheduled maintenance, system upgrades, internet outages, and other reasons, some of which are beyond our control. We cannot, and do not, guarantee any specific minimum availability of the Site or the Service. You hereby expressly permit us or our authorized contractors to access your Account to investigate and diagnose actual or potential defects or other technical problems with the Site or Service.
Service Level Agreement. Notwithstanding the “Unavailability” section above, for each continuous 24-hour period that you are unable to access the Service due to a failure of software or hardware provided by us, other than due to scheduled maintenance, you may contact ProductHQ and request a credit equal to half of the subscription fee you actually paid to ProductHQ for that billing cycle. However, in no event will ProductHQ credit to you more than the full subscription fee actually paid by you for the billing cycle during which the outage(s) occurred.
Links to Third Party Sites.
Linking to this Site
If you would like to link to the Site, you must first obtain our written consent. You may not mirror or frame the home page or any other pages of the Site on any other website or webpage.
No Warranty. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SITE AND SERVICE IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” “WITH ALL FAULTS,” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” PRODUCTHQ DOES NOT MAKE WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND,
EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING THOSE OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, NONINFRINGEMENT, NON-INTERFERENCE, SYSTEM INTEGRATION, ACCURACY OF DATA, AVAILABILITY, FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS, AND WARRANTIES ARISING FROM TRADE USAGE, COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE. USE OF THE SITE AND/OR SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. PRODUCTHQ DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTY THAT THE SITE OR SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, ERROR-FREE, FREE OF HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR DEFECTS, OR THAT YOUR CONTENT WILL BE SECURE OR NOT OTHERWISE LOST OR DAMAGED, OR THAT ANY DEFECT WILL BE CORRECTED. PRODUCTHQ DOES NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE CONTENT, OR THAT ANY ERRORS IN THE CONTENT WILL BE CORRECTED. PRODUCTHQ DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE SECURITY OF ANY INFORMATION TRANSMITTED TO OR FROM THE SITE OR THE SERVICE.
Exclusion of Certain Liability. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, PRODUCTHQ AND ITS AGENTS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, REVENUE, LOSS OF USE OR OTHER ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE, OR LOSS OF DATA) THAT ARISE OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH (I) THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE OR THE SERVICE; (II) ANY TRANSACTION CONDUCTED THROUGH OR FACILITATED BY THE SITE OR SERVICE; (III) OR ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SITE, THE SERVICE AND THIS AGREEMENT, AND WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER OR NOT SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE, EVEN IF PRODUCTHQ HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Limitation of Liability. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF PRODUCTHQ AND ITS AGENTS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE AND THIS AGREEMENT WILL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO PRODUCTHQ FOR USE OF THE SERVICE AT ISSUE DURING THE MONTH IN WHICH THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE LIABILITY OCCURRED.
Indemnification. To the extent permitted by law, you will indemnify, defend and hold harmless ProductHQ and its employees, agents, and service providers from and against any claims, costs, losses, damages, demands, penalties, expenses or other liability (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising from any third party claim or demand that any Content provided by you, or your use of the Service violates applicable law or the terms of this Agreement. ProductHQ will reasonably notify you of any such claim or demand that is subject to your indemnification obligation.
Arbitration Agreement. For any dispute you have with ProductHQ, you agree to first contact us and attempt to resolve the dispute with us informally. If ProductHQ is not able to resolve the dispute with you informally, we each agree to resolve any dispute (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief) relating to this Agreement by binding arbitration by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”). We each agree to be bound by AAA’s rules and procedures applicable at the time, including the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes, if appropriate, as modified by our Arbitration Agreement. Each party will be responsible for paying any AAA filing, administrative, and arbitrator fees in accordance with AAA rules. The arbitrator will decide the substance of all claims in accordance with the laws of the State of North Carolina and such arbitration shall be held within the city of Charlotte, North Carolina, and will honor all claims of privilege recognized by law. Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. Nothing in this Section shall prevent either party from seeking injunctive or other equitable relief from the courts for matters related to data security, intellectual property, or unauthorized access to the Service. ALL CLAIMS MUST BE BROUGHT IN THE PARTIES’ INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING, AND, UNLESS WE AGREE OTHERWISE, THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S CLAIMS. YOU AGREE THAT, BY ENTERING INTO THESE TERMS, YOU AND PRODUCTHQ ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION.
Claims are Time-Barred. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary or the applicable dispute resolution process, any claim or cause of action you may have arising out of or related to the use of the Service or this Agreement must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or you agree to be forever barred from bringing such claim.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction. These Terms are governed by the laws of the State of North Carolina without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. Unless prohibited by applicable law, each party submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state or federal courts located in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina.
UCITA. The Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act does not apply to this Agreement or orders placed under it.
Independent Contractors. The relationship between you and ProductHQ is that of independent contractors, and not legal partners, employees, or agents of each other.
No Waiver. A party’s failure or delay to enforce a provision of this Agreement is not a waiver of its right to do so later.
Severability. If any term of this Agreement is determined to be unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, that provision will be severed and the remainder of the terms will remain in full effect.
Third Party Beneficiaries. There are no third party beneficiaries to this Agreement.
Assignment. You may not assign this Agreement without prior written consent of ProductHQ, but may be assigned by us without restriction. Any purported assignment by you in violation of these Terms shall be null and void.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act – Copyright Infringement. It is our policy to respond to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “DMCA”), the text of which can be found at the U.S. Copyright Office, and other applicable intellectual property laws. It is our policy to (1) block access or remove material that we believe in good faith to be copyrighted material that has been illegally copied and distributed by any of our advertisers, affiliates, content providers, members or users; and (2) remove and discontinue service to repeat offenders. If we remove or disable access to comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act we will make a good faith attempt to contact the owner, author, or administrator of each affected site so that they may make a counter notification pursuant to sections 512(g)(2) and (3) of that Act. It is our policy to document all notices of alleged infringement on which we act. A copy of the notice will be sent to a third party who will make it available to the public.
Infringement Notification. If you believe that material or content residing on or accessible through our website or service infringes a copyright, please send a notice of infringement by providing a written communication (by fax or regular mail — not by email, except by prior agreement) that sets forth the items specified below. To expedite our ability to process your request, please use the following format (including section numbers):
- Identify in sufficient detail the copyrighted work that you believe has been infringed.
- Identify the material that you claim is infringing the copyrighted work listed in item #1 above, including information regarding the location of the infringing materials that the copyright owner seeks to have removed, with sufficient detail so that we are capable of finding and verifying its existence.
- You must identify each search result that directly links to a web page that allegedly contains infringing material. This requires you to provide (a) the search query that you used, and (b) the URL for each allegedly infringing search result.
- Provide information reasonably sufficient to permit ProductHQ to contact you, including address, telephone number and, if available, email address.
- Provide information, if possible, sufficient to permit ProductHQ to notify the owner/author/administrator of the web page that allegedly contains infringing material (email address is preferred).
- Include the following statement: “I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above on the allegedly infringing web pages is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.”
- Include the following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner to make this complaint.”
- Please sign the paper and contact us at email@example.com for our contact address of our designated agent.
Once proper bona fide infringement notification is received by the Designated Agent, it is our policy: (1) to remove or disable access to the infringing material; (2) to notify the content provider, member or user that we have removed or disabled access to the material; and (3) that repeat offenders will have the infringing material removed from the system and that we will terminate such content provider’s, member’s or user’s access to our service.
If the content provider, member or user believes that the material that was removed or to which access was disabled is either not infringing, or the content provider, member or user believes that it has the right to post and use such material from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, the content provider, member or user must send a counter notification pursuant to sections 512(g)(2) and (3) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. To file a counter notification with us, you must provide a written communication (by fax or regular mail — not by email, except by prior agreement) that sets forth the items specified below. To expedite our ability to process your counter notification, please use the following format (including section numbers): Identify the specific URLs at which material appeared before ProductHQ removed or disabled access to such material, and identification of the material that ProductHQ removed or to which ProductHQ has disabled access. Provide your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located (or Alameda County, California if your address is outside of the United States), and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement. Include the following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I have a good faith belief that each search result or message identified above was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.” Sign the paper. Send the written communication to the Designated Agent.
If a counter-notice is received by the Designated Agent, ProductHQ may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed material or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or user, the removed material may be replaced or access to it restored in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at the discretion of ProductHQ.